Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Nicki Bluhm and the Gamblers- You're No Good

Nicki Bluhm and the Gamblers' van sessions are the best thing I've seen on YouTube in a very long time. I sat in front of the computer just watching video after video of theirs till I finally decided on their cover of You're No Good by Linda Ronstadt to write about. Let me tell you, it was not an easy choice to pick because all their covers are so good. So don't be surprised to see more of them on the blog.

When touring I can imagine how much time there is to kill. Nicki Bluhm and the Gamblers have found a way to use their time wisely by making cover videos. Their van sessions are amazing and while I don't recommend multitasking while driving, they seem to pull it off.

Nicki Bluhm has an amazing voice which resembles Linda Ronstadt's perfectly and their harmonies are amazing as well. The simplicity of their cover is perfect. In this case, less is definitely more. I hate to admit it but I think I like this version more than the original. I encourage you to check out their other van sessions. I promise you it is worth it. Enjoy!



Original:
You're No Good by Linda Ronstadt
http://youtu.be/i9shvi2T_90

No comments:

Post a Comment