Tuesday, May 14, 2013

THePETEBOX- Where Is My Mind?

I don't know this guy's name but he seems to go by THePETEBOX. He covers Pixies "Where Is My Mind?" which is one of their classics. The original is everything the late 80's rock scene was about. It has elements of psychedelia, grunge, and garage rock. The echoes produced from the vocals and the electric guitar give it a dark but calm feeling.

What I like about this cover is that he incorporates beat-boxing into the song. Every part of the song is either played on his guitar or beat-boxed which he then loops the parts to continue to play throughout the song. This guy has some serious talent and gets really creative with this cover. I also like that he actually shows his process of creating such an intricate cover. Most people prerecord their backing tracks and then post a video of them singing along to it. Of course there is nothing wrong with that but in this cover we get to see the creativity flow which only exemplifies his talent. This is the only video I've seen of THePETEBOX but I'm definitely looking forward to checking out his other videos. Enjoy!




Original:
Where Is My Mind? by Pixies

No comments:

Post a Comment