Sunday, May 26, 2013

Wye Oak-Strangers

Wye Oak is a band that I've discovered because of this blog. The first time I listened to them was when I wrote about their cover of Mother. I love everything about this band and their sound is really amazing. 

On to the cover! I love Wye Oak's version of this song! The vocals of Jenn Wasner are perfect for this song.   I can't seem to find the words to describe her voice. For some reason, I keep coming back to "hauntingly beautiful" so I'll leave it as that for now. Hauntingly beautiful. The guitar solo in the middle of the song is a nice addition as well. It did not take away from the song by being to "flashy" or "loud" in a sense of shoving it in face or in my ears. 


Original: 
Strangers by The Kinks
http://youtu.be/omd1IwCNJj4

No comments:

Post a Comment