Saturday, April 6, 2013

Caroline Brooks- California Love

Caroline Brooks covers California Love originally by 2Pac and kills it! I thought it to be impossible to do what Caroline Brooks did and actually make it...great.  She does the song justice and still is able to make it her own. 

Even though she covers a rap song, a gangsta rap song at that, she does not give in to rapping in her cover. That's something that I really enjoyed about her cover. She sang the lyrics instead of rapping them and made them audible, just kidding. In no way am I dissing 2Pac's rapping skills. :) He was and will always be one of the best rappers of our time. Too bad I can't say the same thing for rappers today.

I also love how they kept the instruments simple too. A piano and a very basic drum set was all that was used, nothing too fancy. They didn't find a need to add pre-recorded drum samples or synths which is a plus in my book! I would have loved it if she added some harmonies but with or without them it was still an amazing cover. And trust me, this is probably not the last time she'll be featured on this blog :) Enjoy!


Original:
California Love by 2Pac

No comments:

Post a Comment