Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Clientele- Paper Planes

The Clientele  cover's M.I.A.'s hit Paper Planes. The original is very loud and there's a lot going on in the song at once. There's not synths or sound clips of gunshots in this cover. It was a very well done cover and there was some things that The Clientele did that I really enjoyed. For starters, I was able to understand all the lyrics and as I said earlier, it was not cluttered with noise.  That's nothing against the original and I love the original. The original has a "hustle" style quality to it while the cover is more chill and laid back. The addition of a violin and what appears to be an upright violin but I'm not sure on that, added a some nice sounds to the song. The xylophone was a nice touch as well. Enjoy!



Original:
Paper Planes by M.I.A
http://youtu.be/zAJA-bz1uo0

No comments:

Post a Comment