Thursday, March 7, 2013

Brenden MacFarlane-Just Another Day/House of the Rising Sun

I stumbled on one of Brenden MacFarlane's videos a year or so ago. Actually, the only real reason why I clicked on his video was because the title was "white kid sings the blues." I mean, I couldn't pass up a video with that kind of title and truthfully, I wasn't expecting to hear what I did. This kid could really sing the blues! My expression was the same as the guitar shop owner's face when this kid began to belt out "Just Another Day" by Sam Cooke & The Soul Stirrers. People usually say that the only way anyone can sing the blues properly is if they been through troubles and hardships. If that's the case this kid must have had a really tough life at a young age! It was unbelievable how much control he had over his voice and the notes he was hitting.

His cover of "House of the Rising Sun" is just as good as Just Another Day. I know how hard "House of the Rising Sun" is to sing so for him sing it with such ease is crazy. It's all natural for him which is amazing and I am truly jealous of his voice. Now it's been a few years since his cover of "Just Another Day" so his voice has definitely changed. Of course that happens but he still has an amazing voice. I definitely encourage you to check him out on YouTube. He has other covers that he's sung and even has an album out. For now, though,  enjoy his cover of  "Just Another Day" and "House of the Rising Sun"





ORIGINALS
"House of the Rising Sun" by Animals
http://youtu.be/bwAw9ThDQmk

"Just Another Day" by Sam Cooke and The Soul Stirrers
http://youtu.be/bwAw9ThDQmk

No comments:

Post a Comment