Monday, March 18, 2013

Flearoy- Say My Name

This was probably one of the first cover I heard and thought "Wow, covers don't have to be exactly like the original." That's what everyone usually assumes what covers should be like but covers are also a chance for the band/musician to add their own musical style to the song.

Flearoy does that with "Say My Name." A typical R&B song, Flearoy turns it into a folkish acoustic song that works on so many levels. I enjoyed this cover than the original which is saying much. "Say My Name" is not the only Destiny's Child song they have covered. Flearoy has also covered "Bills, Bills, Bills" which just as good too. They are one of my favorite bands that I have discovered off of YouTube and I definitely encourage you to check them out. Enjoy!



Original:
"Say My Name" by Destiny's Child
http://youtu.be/sQgd6MccwZc

No comments:

Post a Comment