Saturday, March 16, 2013

Jake Shimabukuro-While My Guitar Gently Weeps

THIS IS AMAZING! Sorry for "shouting" text but this cover deserves it. Jake Shimabukuro is awesome! What he is able to do on his ukelele is crazy and I've never seen or heard anyone else do that kind of intense playing before or after.

When I was learning how to play ukelele I was looking at YouTube videos of various people showing off their talent on the tiny instrument but none of them even compared to what Jake Shimabukuro was doing. When I saw this cover I was completely flabbergasted and I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing. Never in a million years did I think someone can take such a guitar oriented song and make a ukelele cover. Obviously, I underestimated the power and capabilities of the ukelele and Jake Shimabukuro definitely unleashes these things for the world to see.

This not his only cover of classic songs. He also has a cover of freaking "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen and just nails it. He not only limits himself to covers and has his own original songs. I definitely encourage you to check out his videos because he truly is gifted in playing this tiny four string instrument. Enjoy!



Original:
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by The Beatles
 http://youtu.be/F3RYvO2X0Oo

"Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen
http://youtu.be/PB3RbO7updc

No comments:

Post a Comment