Friday, March 8, 2013

Edei- Just Dance

I never thought "Just Dance" could sound so good! While the original by Lady Gaga is overloaded with synthesizers and an overpowering drum beat this cover is kept simple. Don't get me wrong, I like the original and Lady Gaga has an amazing voice when it's not drowned out by synths but it's a party song and nothing more. However, with just the vocals of Edei and an acoustic guitar, "Just Dance" is shaped into something more than a party song.

First of all, I have to talk about the guy playing the guitar. Confession Time: I actually found this video because I was looking for the chords to this song and I got led to this cover. Anyway, the guitarist is amazing with the rhythm and structure of the cover especially during the pre-chorus. I think that's what makes this cover stand out a lot more among others.

Edie's voice only furthers that gap between other covers. However, I feel that her voice is a lot more powerful than what she lets us hear. At times you can sort of hear her getting to that point but then holds back. Although, even if she is holding back her voice is stunning already.
Enjoy!




Original
"Just Dance" by Lady Gaga
http://youtu.be/pmt36tvVE_U

No comments:

Post a Comment